Specifications for HP-Compaq Workstation xw8600
- CPU: Intel Xeon 5400
- Standard Memory: 512MB (Removable)
- Maximum Memory: 32GB using standard sockets, 128GB using four Memory Riser cards
- System Class: Workstation
- Expansion: 8 Sockets (4 Banks of 2) 16 Sockets with Riser Cards
- Memory Comments:
- Mfgr’s System P/N’s: PW453EA, PW463ET, RV726AV
- Per HP, DDR2-800 memory is supported ONLY with dual processors at 1600MHz FSB. Systems with 1600MHz FSB processors must use DDR2-800 memory. DDR2-667 and 800 memory cannot be mixed within the same system.
- Per HP, the modules must be installed in the following sequence of sockets:
One Kit = Sockets 1 & 5
Two Kits = Sockets 1 & 3 and 5 & 7
Three Kits = Sockets 1 & 3, 5 & 7, and 2 & 4
Four Kits = Sockets 1 & 3, 5 & 7, 2 & 4, and 6 & 8
- Maximum configurations require a 64-bit operating system.
- 8GB DDR2-667 module is not supported on the system board. HP memory riser card are required.
- 4GB DDR2-800 module is not supported on the system board. HP memory riser card are required.